Square Enix and Koei Tecmo have announced that Dragon Quest Champions will release on mobile without an exact release date.
Square Enix announced this information through their social media. You can check out our other articles here if you are interested in Square Enix and Koei Tecmo games.
Dragon Quest Champions Description
Melee command battle RPG Dragon Quest that you can play solo!
Utilizing the series’ familiar command-style combat system, players will aim to win a tournament of wisdom and courage against various enemies to become true heroes.
In Tournament Mode, up to 50 players will battle it in real time. Fight fair and square, escape, or even barge into someone else’s fight. Earn the title of Champion with your own methods!
In addition, there are many solo gameplay elements such as Story Mode and a wide variety of missions. Get ready to embark on a new adventure that everyone can enjoy!
The characters that will appear in Dragon Quest Champions:
- Protagonist – Adventurers who aspire to be heroes. To find their missing father, they decide to participate in Heroic Martial Arts Tournaments.
- Elmia – A vivacious and self-proclaimed manager who shares the same fate as the protagonist. She is old friends with Homit, the healer.
- Homit – A charming guide who likes to encourage others. Although he is not good at fighting himself, he is always there to give advice to the protagonist.
- Zelam – The protagonist’s rival. Determined and confident. He does not like to rely on or cooperate with others.
- Dralin – A drakor who provides live commentary for Heroic Martial Arts Tournaments. His funky style and passionate commentary bring the tournaments to life.
Square Enix’s Takuma Shiraishi will be the producer, while Koei Tecmo’s Tomohiko Sho will be the main director.
Dragon Quest Champions will be released on iOS and Android without an exact release date. The closed beta trial will take place from February 6 – 13, 2023. The app is available here until January 29, 2023.