Recent reports have revealed that Disney wants to release a new Star Wars game every 6 months.
This information was published by Insider Gaming. Jika kalian tertarik dengan game-game Disney dan Lucasfilm Games, kalian bisa melihat artikel kami lainnya here.
Disney wants a new Star Wars game every 6 months?
Insider Gaming reported that today’s biggest entertainment company, Disney, wants a new Star Wars game every 6 months. Insider Gaming notes that Disney wants one major AAA game and one smaller game per fiscal year.
According to Insider Gaming, this decision comes after EA lost their exclusivity access to the Star Wars franchise. So far, only 8 Star Wars projects have been announced:
- Amy Hennig’s Game – Skydance New Media
- Untitled FPS Game – Respawn Entertainment
- Open-World Game – Massive Entertainment
- Star Wars: Eclipse – Quantic Dream
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake – Saber Interactive
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor – Respawn Entertainment
- Star Wars: Hunters – Zynga
- Untitled Strategy Game – Respawn Entertainment
Insider Gaming notes that there are several other Star Wars projects that are in early production besides the 8 projects above.
Some of the already announced projects are reportedly still a long time away from seeing a release date. In fact, Insider Gaming believes at least some of those titles won’t be released for another 4 years.
One such example is Star Wars: Eclipse, which is believed not to be released until around 2026 due to “development issues”.