Versus Evil and Jukai Studio have announced that Stray Souls will release consoles and PC in the fall of 2023.
This information was announced by Versus Evil through its social media. If you’re interested in new games, you can check out our other articles here.
Stray Souls Description
Enter a nightmarish world in this third-person action-horror game inspired by classic genres. Fight terrifying creatures, solve mind-boggling puzzles, and uncover horrific family secrets to reveal the terrible truth behind your existence.
Unlock the secrets hidden within the city of Aspen Falls that will feature terrifying enemy encounters, epic bosses, devious puzzles, and a deep story where not everyone is what they seem.
Play as Daniel, an ordinary teenager whose life changes forever after inheriting his grandmother’s house and meeting a mysterious woman who has intimate knowledge of his family, his grandmother’s house, and his surprising connection to his past.
Gameplay elements inspired by classic horror combat with souls like precision give a new twist to the modern action-horror genre.
Some key features:
- Explore the town of Aspen Falls and the surrounding area to uncover a sinister plan set in motion at the time of Daniel’s birth.
- Immerse yourself in Daniel’s story. Choose responses at key moments through branching dialog options, shaping Daniel’s tone and personality.
- Fight hordes of evil creatures or run for your life. Simplified combat without massive load-outs lets you focus on crafting combat tactics and resource management.
- Solve dozens of clever puzzles with unusual solutions to test your wits.
- The random system ensures that enemy encounters, item locations, changing weather patterns, and strange phenomena occur in different places, making each game unique.
Stray Souls will release for PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PS4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) in fall 2023.